Friday, January 29, 2016

On Slowing Down

1-26-2016




This little babe has given me lots of reasons to slow down. I've always been one to pile on the to-do list. I usually like to have one big day of errands and then the next day with nothing planned to relax. However, I always ended up not being able to sit still to enjoy that day of no plans. So, I always found something more to do to keep myself busy. 

With this pregnancy though I'm learning to space out my errands a little bit more and be OK it some of those things don't get done. Its taken a few weeks and a few too many rushed errands to realize that it's not only okay to slow down but it's good for me. I've been able to make more time for reading, writing letters, drinking more tea, and napping. All things I've been wanting to make more time for but just didn't. 

I'm getting into this habit now, the habit of slowing down, before Lewis comes.  I don't want to be that type of mom that rushes around like a crazy person to get everything done. I don't want him to feel my stress when we have an unmet yet unattainable to-do list. I want to be the mom who makes time to do nothing; that makes room for the little spontaneous adventures to happen. I know this is important now and will be even more when he arrives. 

Thank you little guy for making me slow down a bit. Life is meant to be savored, not rushed. 

/ leah




No comments:

Post a Comment