Sunday, February 5, 2017

Monthly Lewis 9

January 20 2017


Our baby boy is 9 whole months!! I feel like I was just typing up his one month recap and now here we are thinking about his first birthday! This month was probably my favorite by far! He's growing and learning even more and it has been such a joy watching his personality come out!

Lewis love to chat! He is learning more and more of the sounds his little mouth can make and rarely does that kid stop chatting.  He likes to point with his chubby little pointer finger, proudly saying "uh uh uh!". He points at things and people, and then when they come over he chuckles and babbles away a bit more. 


He's moving all over the place and has been loving "walking" while holding onto our hands. He's starting to climb on things and has already gotten 3 bruises and a bloody nose! Poor guy! He's pretty good about not putting the things he finds on the floor in his mouth. I'll see him pointing again at little pine needles or fallen food , just pointing and pushing them around with his finger. However, he loves getting into the dogs water bowl and despite us moving it around, he always finds it. He still loves his walker - running fast and lifting up his feet to coast into walls, his little turtle car, bath time, and walks. He puts his washcloths and socks in his mouth , keeps them in there while he uses his hands for other things. 

He's becoming choosy with his foods and doesn't eat a whole lot, but only has those two bottom teeth to use! He's sleeping and napping so much better! Gave us an 8 hour stretch recently (hasn't done that since my first day back at work at 3.5 mo old) and has been taking 1hr + crib naps for all his naps. I'm a little sad we didn't have "the last" nap with him in my arms or in our bed, but I'm happy he is getting the rest he needs and I am a much happier mama with the alone time I get during the day. 


He has the goofiest cackle and tends to laugh at most things, including himself. He is such a happy guy and I love that about him. I prayed that he would find the little joys in life, hold onto them and let that joy just consume him. I continue to pray that he doesn't take life or himself too seriously, is proud of himself, and loves who he is. I love the little boy he is becoming and I can't wait to see what is around the corner for him!


xo, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment