Saturday, April 21, 2018

Edie's1st Vacation

April 5 2018



Last month the kids and I took a trip to the coast! Cory stayed home and worked on the bathroom and was able to get a few mornings to sleep in. I got a few hours alone with Lewis during the weekend so it was a win-win! We left Saturday morning and with a few nursing stops and a pit stop to the Aquarium, after 4 hours we arrived at our beach house! 



Edie slept most of the way there, save for the nursing breaks. We arrived about 45 minutes after Lew's nap time and he was so excited to run around and stretch his legs I decided to skip his nap all together. Learning to let go of our schedule a bit while on vacation and it was a good choice. He helped my mom unpack the groceries and help prep for dinner. Edie just hung out. That first night the kids went to bed pretty early and we stayed up and played Scattegories. My brother and his girlfriend also came along so it was a lot of fun!








The next morning, Lewis and I snuck away for about an hour to check out the beach. We were walking distance so that made it super easy. This was his first time to the beach since before he could walk. So it was all exciting! He love to dig and get his hands all dirty. I forgot how messy the beach was! But boy oh boy was it fun. We lucked out with some amazing weather. Especially being the middle of march. It felt like a dream. After lunch and a nap for the kids my parents, the kids, and I headed back to the beach. It was such a perfect afternoon! 






I'm so glad we took the opportunity to get a away for the weekend. It was a great first trip for Edie and I am so proud of myself for going. It can be daunting going out of town with little ones, but traveling with them have been some of my greatest memories. 




Until next time Oregon Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment