Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Birthday Hike: Angel's Rest

My Dad has always loved being outside. Hiking, biking, walking, whatever it was to get us kids outside, that is where we would be. With him. So it wasn't a surprise that for his birthday he wanted to go for a hike. We all piled into the family mini-van, all 6 of us + 3 dogs and headed to the Columbia Gorge. He chose Angel's Rest for the hike and some other popular views around there. So great celebrating my dad amongst such beauty!



 
The views were stunning. I've done lots of hikes before, especially in the Gorge, and everytime they cease to amaze me. How much land we have here in Oregon. Uninterrupted green. The day was perfect too. It had been calling for rain all week but sunshine was all to be had. It was like this place was waiting for us to come and see it in all it's glory. It was also so wonderful to have my sister, her boyfriend and our brother all along on this hike. My mom was at home prepping the dinner..and the Easter lunch that was to be had the next day.






 
So fun for a birthday day!
 
To hikes and birthdays // leah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment