Friday, December 4, 2015

Tree Hunting + the series of unfortunate events

December 4th, 2015


We got our tree last weekend and it was such a great day! The weather was really perfect and the girls just loved running around the tree farm.  We wanted to get a tree that was short and fat this year. Last year we got a "Charlie Brown" tree so this year it was the fat one. We thought we chose the perfect one, one we thought would fit the corner in our living room perfectly. Let's just say we got the height right this time, but it's way to wide for the space! We laugh at it every time we see it. Just too fat!


The day was pretty perfect up till the last 10 minutes. To start with the series of unfortunate events we have to go back to Thanksgiving day. 

Cory and I made the turkey and stuffing this year using this recipe. It turned out really awesome! Probably the best turkey I've had and I'm really trying not to be biased there ;) I ended up burning my hand pretty bad though in the process. Don't touch a pan handle right after it's been in the oven… duh! 

Going back to our tree hunt, Gretta got attacked by another dog that was there. While I was trying to "save" her she accidentally took out my legs and I had a pretty nasty fall. I couldn't walk for a whole day and it's still taking some time for my knees to feel better. She walked away just fine but I was pretty banged up. 

At work this week while helping a rather large client into a recliner I got one of my fingers smashed in the recliner. So now I've got some scars from the turkey, a limpy gait, and some pretty bruised fingers. I hope this is the end of these not so pleasant events. 

In other more wonderful news, we hit 20-weeks growing this little one!! My belly is officially bigger and here to stay for a while. Cory mentioned the other night "well I guess you really are pregnant! Can't deny that now!". We can't believe we are already half way there to meeting this little one. 



Hope everyone is enjoying getting into the Christmas mood! Get those trees, be safe, and enjoy!

xo / leah

No comments:

Post a Comment