Monday, May 9, 2016

Room Tour: Lewis' Nursery

5-9-16

I want to always remember what his little room looked like as a newborn. I spent a lot of time dreaming about what I wanted this space to look and feel like. The nursery is a special place for moms. We dream about rocking our littles ones to sleep; dream about coming to get them in the morning - arms reaching out with those sleepy eyes and bed head. 

I wanted his room to be simple, clean, but full of bright little accents. The color inspiration I drew from was the Pendleton baby blanket. I loved the dark blues, red, and pop of yellow. The colors just seemed perfect. 









Today we started trying out naps in your room and tonight we will try you sleeping in here again. I love how your room is filled with natural light. When you look out the windows you just see the trees that are on our property. I imagine you trying to climb those some day. I hope this room is a safe place for you little one. A place where you dream, create, and play. Rocking you to sleep today in your little room made my heart so happy. Even though you only slept for like an hour, it was sweet. 


I love how so many of the pieces in his room have such meaning to us. The Pendleton baby blanket I thrifted a while ago and knew that one day my child would have it. The rocking chair Cory and I found when we were up in Seattle. It was made in Portland Or and I knew I needed it when I found it. The little bear on the table was Cory's as a baby. His book shelf we had at our wedding for a display. The sock monkey his Omi made for him, as she does all the grand-babies. 

What a special room in the house for us. 

// leah

No comments:

Post a Comment