Sunday, December 15, 2013

{Belated} Friends-Giving 2013

This last weekend was filled with friends, laughter, good food, and lots of Holiday Spirit. On Friday night I hosted a little {belated} Friends-Giving. I saw others having an evening with their friends to celebrate all the blessings of the year and I thought it was such a wonderful idea! My friends all couldn't get together till this weekend so it was a combined Thanksgiving/Christmas party.



We started the evening with some simple appetizers of cheese, salami, crackers and spread. I had each woman bring a bottle of wine. We did a little "wine tasting" before dinner. I'm not a huge wine drinker, specifically I only like sweet dessert wines, but it was so fun trying out some new bottles. A favorite of the night was a Cranberry Wine. Yes. Sweet. What can I say? 


After a couple hours of chatting and laughing we had a lasagna dinner followed by some home-made desserts. 

This type of gathering I hope to have every year. Connecting with my friends is so important. They are the other sisters that God has blessed me with. Their friendships are so dear and important to me. This type of get together is perfect for reconnecting with old friends that you don't get to see often while at the same time bringing them together with new friends. 

One of my friends Pam is a photographer and snapped a few photos of the night. 










This gathering made my heart so full of joy and love. I have friends that are amazing, talented, kind, and beautiful (inside and out). And I am so incredibly blessed by them all.

Everyone left with a little Christmas ornament.



Parties and Friends,

xo leah


No comments:

Post a Comment