Friday, December 6, 2013

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

It's one of the most wonderful times of the year. My favorite is summer-time, but the Christmas time is definitely a close second. One special aspect of this time of year is the decor. It's the one time a year that tackiness is ok. At least in my book!

Growing up my mom had a zillion  nick-nacks that were all supposed to be out for Christmas time. We had boxes upon boxes stacked in the garage that my sister and I would all take down and into the living room. We would lay everything out and then figure out where everything should go. It wasn't science, there was never enough room for everything. Once the whole house was decorated it didn't look too bad though. More like you were stepping into Mrs. Claus's sister's house. As tacky as some of it was, it was magical and did make me happy.

Cory and I have a few Christmas decorations and I can see us gradually acquiring more and more as the year goes on. So far this is what we have up around the house:




I do have some nicknacks but I'm determined to leave them on one single shelf! 

One tradition Cory and I started are to make little Christmas gnomes (seen on the left). They are easy and turn out to be cute little Christmas decorations. 


 




Right now my living room looks like a Christmas store. Decorations are everywhere, but I love it! It feels a little magical having everything up; everywhere you turn your reminded of the season it is. 


Hang those stockings up!

xo leah

No comments:

Post a Comment