Sunday, January 5, 2014

Inspiration: Kitchen Renovation

The home we purchased a few months ago is a Cape Code style. To our liking it has a pretty nice floor plan with some good space. It could be a little more open, but I can't complain. We have been touching up some details here and there sinced we moved in. No huge projects as of right now.  Our first big project will come with the kitchen.

Right now it is so much fun to brainstorm ideas and find inspiration for our kitchen. There is so much I like in terms of styles but I think I'm narrowing it down.

Some inspiration from my Pinterest board thus far:







I think we've figured out what type of backsplash we like.  White for sure and more like the first photo. I like the shine of how it looks - looks easy to clean and less like a bathroom tile. 

We haven't quite agreed upon what color countertop. I'm leaning more toward the lighter and Cory likes the dark. We know we'll have one side be all butcher block. 

We have to re-do all the flooring in the kitchen as well. There are so many elements to a kitchen that need to come to mind when designing a renovation. I'm glad we aren't pressed to have to re-do it right away. It's gonna take us a while to figure out everything! This planning stage is a whole lot of fun though. 

Fun with home improvements,
xo leah



1 comment:

  1. Transforming your house into a home really requires hard work. With regard to planning, it’s good to take it as carefully as possible, so you can think of all the factors that need to be considered. And speaking of which, have you decided on the final design for your kitchen?

    Josefina Maxwell @ Houses To Impress

    ReplyDelete