Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Weekend


To celebrate my dad for Father's Day, the family decided to take him downtown for dinner. My dad is the type who rarely goes out. He'd rather cook to save a few pennies. He loves trying new foods and dining out, but his cheap pollock ways (I'm Polish I can say it) stop him. So we told him to think of a cuisine he'd like to indulge in and we'll find a spot. He told us "something I can't or don't make often at home"

So with that my sister found the perfect spot. 


Photo of my sister and my dad. 

We decided to take him to The Parish . It is located right in the middle of the Pearl district. An area well known for lots of great restaurants; and this one did not disappoint. 


My sister and dad started the meal out by trying some oyster shooters. This place was known for their oysters. My dad loved them and decided to get a whole other plate of them after the shot. My sister on the other hand wasn't quite sure about them. Cory tried one and said "they tasted like a blob of salt-water"..hmm to each their own I guess!



Everyone ordered different things from the Jambalaya to the Boar Gumbo and the Fried Chicken Dinner. It was definitely all Louisiana-type foods and it was delicious.  Best Fried Chicken I have ever had. Seriously. 




It was so great having the whole family there to celebrate my dad. He's worked so hard for our family and it always feels really good to celebrate him. Dads truly are special and it has been a privilege to be able to call him my dad. I love how we've always been close and how our relationship deepens and grows as I get older. 

Love you dad!

xo leah


No comments:

Post a Comment