Thursday, June 26, 2014

Doing Life With Community


Community:  a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

How great is it to find people you love. People who share in your interests and your goals; people you call friends, wait, family. Over the past year and a half Cory and I have been figuring out who we are as a married couple and what our mission is for our marriage. Along this journey we've wanted to surround ourselves with friends who we can share life with. Friends that we can laugh with over nothing. Friends that will give us insight into the struggles we are facing in our marriage. Friends who will lovingly admonish us and tell us when we are wrong. Friends who we ultimately consider family. I think over this last year and a half we have found these people. 



There are two couples that we meet with once a month to talk about life. What we love in our spouses; what struggles we are facing in our marriages. We talk about our missions and how we are finding them or living them out. We eat, drink, and talk. We talk and talk; we cry sometimes, and talk some more. There is something so real and meaningful about these relationships and conversations. 









Finding community can be hard. When you've found it it takes work to develop those relationships. But work that is so worth it. Whether you are young marrieds, new parents, single girls, finding a community and letting each other in is a beautiful thing. Opening up can be hard at times, but its raw and good and what helps us grow. Doing life with community pushes us to be the better versions of ourselves. 

For my life I want something more. Something more than just doing it and figuring it out by myself. I need these people. I need them to tell me when I'm wrong. I need them to tell me yay we're proud of you. I need them to tell me I'm being selfish in my marriage. I need them to tell me I'm a beautiful woman.  As people we are drawn to people. Living life can be done alone, but why? Why not share it with those you love; people who can build you up. 

I'm beyond grateful for the friends we have. The couples above are two of a few that we have grown to call family. I'm grateful for where we are now. I'm cherishing this time. 

How great it is to do life with community, 

xo leah


All photos taken by Pamela Montanez 
(who you should hire for any photography related things, just saying')


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Dessert: Little Raspberry Bites
1 c. smashed raspberries + 1/4 c. sugar mixed together
Place in packaged Phyllo dough cups (similar)
Bake according to package instructions
Top with whipped cream when slightly cooled

No comments:

Post a Comment