Monday, July 21, 2014

Turning 24


This past Friday July 18th I turned 24. Thinking about that number makes me feel young, very young. Yet at the same time reminds me how quickly life is flying by. This past year was full of changes and new experiences.

Individually I was pushed to become a better me. Through my marriage I've learned to be a more trusting person; at work I've learned to be more assertive; with my relationships I've learned that being intentional produces more meaningful bonds. 

At 23 I got two little pups that showed me how to have more patience. Our adventure Cory and I embarked on in owning a home has brought its fair share of life lessons. 

Looking back on this last year I stand in awe of how blessed and fortunate I am. The family I have and have gained through my marriage with Cory; the friends I have, girlfriends and couple-friends; my career, our home, our girls…blessings I can't stop counting. 

Looking ahead to 24, I think about the woman I am. Am I who I want to be? Am I who God wants me to be? 

I want to be kind, intentional, slow-to speak and quick to listen; I want to give more than I take; be rather than do.

It's taken 24 years to be better at all those things and I'm hoping this year I learn how just a little bit more. 

I am excited to see what 24 has in store for me. 


To birthdays and celebrations of you,

xo leah

No comments:

Post a Comment