Sunday, August 7, 2016

Unusual Baby Names I secretly love

August 7 2016


I love, love, luuurrrvvv talking baby names. I don't know why it makes me so happy, maybe finding the perfect harmonious name strung together, searching for a not so common name, or just imagining those tiny people who have them..its just so fun! 

I've had hours that probably equate to days of staring at my son. And during those moments I've prayed for him, sung for him, and spoken his name a hundred times. I've wondered if he really looks like a Lewis, if he'll like his name, and if that name will fit his personality as he grows. It has also gotten me to think about my future offspring, Lewis' siblings and wonder what adorable name pairings (my sons Lewis and _____) I can come up with. 

I've thought up a few that are on our short list for future babies but I've also come up with a list I secretly love (and Cory publicly hates). C'est la vie. So I thought I'd share the unusual names I love that didn't make the cut. 

Ames meaning friend or beloved. I think a sweet little boy could hold his own with the dapper name. Cory said its a verb. 

Amos I think this is a strong name but rhymes with a word I just can't get out of my head when saying it out loud...

Winnie I love this name. Just sounds so dainty. Meaning fair one. Corys rebutle: like Winnie the Pooh?

Bucky My dads best friend growing up had this name and whenever I heard it I thought how cool! 

Wilder Sounds like a mysterious hunk of a guys name. Cory said that's not a name. 

Harvey I just picture the sweetest guy ever having this name. 

Penn Yes it is something you write with, thank you honey I had forgotten, but I think this could be the perfect middle name. 

Oak Same with this name. A strong middle name I thought. 

Brim Lovely for a little girl. 

Briar Definitly a girls name in my book, though I've only met a guy with this name. Makes me think of the pretty sleeping beauty. 

Darcy Heard this recently and just thought how perfectly sweet for a little girl. 

Names are so fun and really impact your life. You have it forever! Hopefully when baby #2 comes around we'll agree again! 

// Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment