Thursday, December 28, 2017

Overdue

December 28th, 2017



Well, I'm officially overdue with our baby girl. When I first found out her due date was December 26th, I hoped she would either come a week or so early or a few days late. But as Christmas approached I let myself get a little excited that she would be here for Christmas. But the holiday came and went, and here I am at 40+2 with baby girl just as cozy as ever. 

We had an appointment today where we hoped the midwife would be able to "strip my membranes" - a kind of creepy term to describe gently trying to induce labor without medications. But, I was neither dilated nor effaced at all for her to do that. I almost cried after she checked me. And I really didn't think I would! 

I just know that she is healthy right now and I want her out with us. Being pregnant isn't the most annoying part. If someone just told me she'll be healthy when you deliver her you just have to wait two more weeks..I would be fine with that. It's the worrying that overcomes me that brings me down. 

But I know this is where God has called me. He has His timing for our daughter and her birthday already set. He knows why we must wait a little bit and His timing is truly always perfect. So, I wallowed a bit this morning but I'm choosing to change my attitude. We are going to make some fun plans this week and really enjoy this last week or so we have as a family of three. I also am making sure to play the song "Take Courage" by Bethel Music & Kristine DiMarco over and over again. The lyrics are really speaking to my heart. 

Sing praise my soul
Find strength in joy
Let His Words lead you on
Do not forget
His great faithfulness
He'll finish all He's begun. 

So take courage my heart
Stay steadfast my soul
He's in the waiting
He's in the waiting 
Hold onto your hope
As your triumph unfolds
He's never failing
He's never failing

Continuing to pray for health for our baby girl with a speedy and uncomplicated labor and deliver. She'll be here before we know it! Until then, we'll be waiting on our little Edie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment