Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Just a really good day


December 5th, 2017


Today was such a great day! I have to recap it all because I don't want to ever forget it. A simple day that just sung to my mama heart. Lewis woke up a tad early but woke up crying, which he never really does. I knew he wasn't going to fall back asleep so I quickly scooped him up out of his crib, holding him close and whispering "okay buddy it's still too early to wake up. We can lay down in mamas bed and snuggle okay?". He said "yeah" and we made our way downstairs. Cory met us at the bottom of the stairs and gave us each a kiss. He was headed out the door for work as we were headed back into bed. He laid his head in the crook of my neck, I covered him up, and stroked his hair and he rubbed my belly. He laid still for about 4 minutes. A long 4 minutes for him. It made my heart so happy to hold my boy who isn't the most snuggly these days. 

After those four minutes he was done and ready for the day to start. We jumped out of bed and had breakfast - our avocado egg toast - then got dressed. It was only 815 by this time so I decided we were going to the zoo. The weather was so nice with no clouds in the sky, and despite it only being 36 when we left I knew we'd have a fun day. 

So onto the zoo pics!





Nobody was there today and it was probably because it was so stinking cold, but we were excited to run (Lewis ran, I waddled) around and find all the animals. Our favorites were definitely the lions and the cheetahs.  We got so close to the pack it was amazing! When we first approached the lions we saw one lioness roaring playfully to the others. They played around, like the cats they are, and then the male came out. He walked around and then went down to the little den. All the lionesses followed him. We walked down and found that the den had a window in it! It was exhilarating and terrifying watching this huge animal just stare Lewis down. 

I may seem a little over excited, but this is only the second time I've been to the zoo in my adult life and it is really cool seeing those animals. We were able to see the elephants up close and the one elephant that was the closest to us was born on December 26th, 1982. A fun little coincidence with that being our Edith's due date. We saw the monkeys, the giraffe, the sea otters were swimming like crazy, and we just had so much fun. 

We came home for lunch and naps then played in his room for a bit before heading downstairs. Cory came home not too long after and I made a simple quiche for dinner. I ordered his One Year photo book and it came in the mail that day, so after dinner Cory and Lewis looked through it. We skipped bath time and just hung out downstairs for a bit longer than usual. Once it was bedtime I turned off the lights and held him above my belly like usual and he tapped my lips. I asked if he wanted me to sing and he said "yeah". Oh my heart bursted again. I am a terrible singer but the fact that he loves me singing is just the sweetest. I sung away in a manger and silent night before lying him down. 

It was just a really good day and I am soaking up this time with my first little buddy before we add another side kick to our adventures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment