Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

I actually baked something. And it wasn't terrible!! *gasp* Seriously people this is a great feat. Let's say I am a horrible baker. Something about a dessert recipe and I just don't mix well. I got this recipe from my Aunt and I had to at least attempt it. 


Ricotta Cookies from Sue DiForti

4 C. Flour (do not sift)
2 C. Sugar
1 t. Baking Soda
1/4 t. Salt
1 lb. Ricotta (well drained in colander lined with cheese cloth or paper towels)
2 Sticks of Butter or Margarine (at room temp)
3 Eggs
1 t. Vanilla

+++This recipe makes a ton of cookies! Like enough to make at 
Christmas time to give away to all your neighbors. So I suggest cutting the recipe in half. +++

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place ricotta in colander to drain
3. Mix all ingredients in large bowl (including ricotta once it is drained)
4. Drop by the teaspoon full on a greased cookie sheet/or parchement paper on an un-greased cookie sheet
5. Bake for ~15 mins*

* The recipe said 10-15 mins but my cookies needed around 20min. 

Icing

2 C. Powder Sugar
3 T. Lemon Juice
1 T. Milk
1 t. Vanilla
Lemon Zest from 1 whole lemon

1. Combine ingredients into bowl and stir with fork until completely mixed
2. Glaze on cookies when they are completely cooled

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment