Friday, May 31, 2013

Dating


On Tuesday Cory and I celebrated our 2 year - dating anniversary! It is crazy to think that we have been married already for 9 months of those 2 years. This man stole my heart so quickly and I love him more everyday. 

The photo above was the first picture we took together. I love it so much. That day we had went on a hike to Multnomah Falls and later that evening I had met his entire family. Very big day. 

A little recap of how we became boyfriend & girlfriend. 

We had been hanging out for about one month, going on little dates, meeting for church on Sundays, and hanging out at various church events. I knew I wanted to make things official, but of course I didn't want to just ask straight up. After church one night we and a few of his friends were headed to a crepe place in downtown Portland. As we were walking there I asked him "do you think we hang out too much?". Of course that question prompted a long discussion. We slowed down from our pace and found a bench to sit on and talked for over an hour. We never made it to the crepe place. By the end of the conversation he asked me to be his girlfriend. My response: "let's do this"

On our 1 year dating anniversary we went back to bench. To our surprise the bench was at a cross-street of Lovejoy. How fitting :)


 I like dating my husband. He is fun to get to know. Even after these 9 months of marriage we both have changed a little. Our interests are changing and hobbies are developing (ones we do together and apart) and honestly it is all so great and fun. I look forward to getting to know my husband until the day we die!
 Love you Cory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment