Thursday, October 24, 2013

Seattle Visit: October 2013

At the beginning of this month  I took a visit to my sister's in Seattle. This trip was yet again a wonderful one. We got hit with some early fall sunshine. 

We always visit Pike's Market. Either for a little souvenir, a taste of their fresh veggies or fruits, or to try out a new restaurant. 



We ventured around and did find some new places to try out. There is this one little stretch of the market that makes you feel like your in Europe. Perhaps Italy (never been but I can dream). The brick buildings, tight alleys, the smell of delicious food. We stopped in at an Antique shop before grabbing lunch at the Pink Door. 




The Pink Door was a very cute restaurant. One that I could see going back to year round. The entrance is very fitting. No large sign, just a pink door. 


The inside is ornately yet cozily decorated. Again bringing back that what-I-imagine-Italy feeling like. One certain days of the week they have shows inside - hence the inside swing. 


Since it was such a beautiful day everyone was outside on their back-covered terrace. The outside portion of the restaurant had a different feel to it. Brightly covered picnic-tablecloths covered each table with brightly matching chairs. The view was spectacular as well. 


 I would like each of the tablecloths please and a set of table and chairs:



During this trip we also: 
* Stopped in at Starbucks for a coffee date
*Viewed the Space Needle from a high-rise
*Stopped at Ikea for a few things I've been wanting





One night we got a little dressed up and headed to Amber for a little girls night. This is probably one of my favorite bars/dance spots. They have a very nice bar with yummy drinks with a teeny dance area in the back. It's a great place to hang out with a group of friends. Especially if half of you like to dance and half of you don't. There is seating all around the dance floor. It's just good fun. 


During this trip we stopped for happy hour at Lola. Get the goat cheese turnovers. Oh my goodness...delicious. If I could bake I would make these everyday. We also went to Black Bottle and had more food with one of the best Sangrias I've had. And finished the trip with some sushi at Umi Sake House


Can't wait for my next visit!


travel and dining,
xo leah


No comments:

Post a Comment