Friday, March 28, 2014

Sluggish....

 
 
Lately I've been feeling so tired. Sluggish. Eleven am and my eyes are already burning-type of tired. Do I get enough sleep? Yeah, about 7 hours a night most nights. Am I just working too much? Those 12 hour shifts are long, but it's not like I haven't been doing them for years. What is going on?
 
Then it hit me. Leah, you don't exercise. Yeah I'm on my feet all day at work; Granted I take my dogs for multiple walks during the week. But, let's face it, I don't do anything noteworthy of being called exercise. And that is simply not good. Really not good.
 
I'm young and possibly have a slight feeling of "I don't need to work out yet. Don't need to worry about that till I'm older". Truth is, right now is most important. I heard once : treat your body nice now, you'll be thanking yourself later. I want that to be me. I want to thank myself in 20, 40 years for being good to my body. I need to work it out and push it to keep it healthy and strong.
 
My Pinterest board keeps growing and growing with little work-ups that I could do outside, or even inside my own home. Easy ways to keep me moving. I'm no good at the gym - too much unstructured time to myself to just walk around. Plus even changing into workout clothes seem to take effort, let alone driving to a gym. These little work-outs are great (yes I have tried a few) and I always end saying that wasn't so bad and I feel so much better about today! But why can't I keep that motivation up?
 
I think after these weeks of just being too tired, I've had enough. I need to be more active; for my life now and later.
 
Here's to starting again,
 
xo leah

No comments:

Post a Comment