Friday, January 9, 2015

The Day I Got a Tattoo


My friend Pam and I were discussing getting tattoos for the past year it seems. What do we want, where do we want it, would we regret it… every topic that comes around having a tattoo. We met for brunch on New Years Day and decided why not today be the day we get our tattoos. We wandered around Portland looking for a place that was open. We found a few places but just didn't get the right vibe, if you know what I mean. If someone is drawing a permanent thing on my arm I want to have some good vibes. Just being real. 

We kept wandering until we found Icon Tattoo. We got some of these good vibes from just the outside of the studio. It was closed that day so we decided to come back in a few days to make this happen. 

We came back for a walk in and was told 3 o'clock was the time for our tattoos. We got there right when it opened so we had some time to kill. 

We walked around Mississippi Ave. and stopped in at Radar for some brunch. 






The food there was delicious! 
 * Croque Madame * Egg and Pepper Fritatta
 * Steak and Eggs * Bourbon Cider 
It was a very yummy meal and I'm wanting to try it again sometime. Definitely a date spot.

We wandered around to some of our favorite spots on Mississippi picking up some treasures from the day.



Our tattoo artist was finishing up on a client so we went to McMenamins -White Eagle for some burgers and fries. Once we got the call she was ready Pam and I ran over. Our tattoo artist Elli was amazing and incredibly nice. She really made sure we loved what they looked like before she started. Pam was up first. 


It was nice being the only ones in the entire studio. 

Pam got a feather tattoo, that she drew herself. It comes from Psalms 91:4 "He will cover you with His feathers, He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection"

It turned out amazing!



My turn!





I got the word rejoice, in my own handwriting. It's based on Philippians 4:4-7 " Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is with you. Do not be anxious about anything, but in all things, by prayer, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus".

We both are so happy with how they turned out and I'm really glad I got it. 

The whole day was so much fun. Able to spend time with friends just wandering around and making memories with each other. 

To the day I got a tattoo // leah

No comments:

Post a Comment