Saturday, August 15, 2015

DIY: Home-made Deodorant


As I mentioned earlier this week, I've been trying to use more natural and organic products around the house and for my body. I found some great recipes for all-purpose cleaners and some pretty darn good shampoos that work really well. When I heard about the idea of home-made deodorant I immediately checked it off my list. I'm not someone who naturally smells amazing and never sweats. Full disclosure I sweat a lot. At work we have this running joke to see who can "pit out", as well call it, first. It's a good thing I work with some amazing people who have pretty good sense of humors, but it's still a little embarrassing to win this. I work as a nurse for 12.5 hours a day, walking on average 6 miles and to say I work up a sweat is an accurate statement. I digress. Point being I need a deodorant that is going to work. 

However, when I found this recipe I thought I'd give it a try. It sounded easy enough with a short list of ingredients that I actually heard of and had on hand. I figured I might as well not pass this up so fast. And the fact that I've been needing to reapply at work was getting a little old.  So I gave it try. 

And...

It. Works. 

Like actually works. It smells amazing which then in turn makes me smell amazing. Keeps me cool. And I don't have to reapply during my day. Natural and works, win-win! 


For all you who have been trying to go the natural more organic route, I'd definitely recommend this. 
Head on over to Abi's Blog to get the full how-to. 

xo // leah

No comments:

Post a Comment