Sunday, February 7, 2016

These Days

2-7-2016


 
These days are very happy times. Very happy times. When looking back on these moments, there are a few things I want to remember. When telling Lewis of the time he was growing in my belly, I want to feel happy, content, and joyful when recounting these moments. I want to remember the joy I felt and make sure to leave a good impression on this time of my life.
 
These moments are filled with

... lots of belly kicks from the growing Lewis.

... light rain that makes the air feel clean.

... a sense of hopeful anticipation, watching little green buds start to pop up through the soil.

...a matched anticipation that our little one is coming soon.

... little sleep, but lots of resting on the couch.

... many dreams of his little face and the first time I can see him.

... prayers of thankfulness, continued health, and wisdom as parenthood is soon upon us.

... amazement at my growing belly.

This time is a happy time. And I want to remember that. Feelings are what we remember most more than moments. If I can keep my emotions full of rejoicing and thankfulness, I'll be able to look back at this time with a happy heart. I don't want to look back and just remember the fatigue or soreness I felt. Because that's not positive and that won't make me happy in the long run. I want my children to know that this time was full of thankfulness and contentment. Because it is.
 
/ leah


No comments:

Post a Comment