Monday, October 30, 2017

Dear Edith

October 31st 2017



My daughter! What a surprise to be saying that. My daughter, my daughter, my daughter... I never in a billion years would have thought I would be having a little girl. Ever since I was little I just assumed I would have boys. I have no idea why, but that's how it was. Even my baby dolls I chose to have them boys. Once Lewis came along it was like everything just made sense. Of course he'd be a boy! I'm going to be a boy mom! But then once I started feeling those little flutters of you, praying over your growing body, I couldn't help but feel you were a little girl.

Once we saw your face on ultrasound I knew you were our daughter. But still even saying that is surprising. It's taken me a little while to truly believe that you are you and you are coming and that we'll have all the little girl things filling up our home very soon. 

I can honestly say I'm a little more nervous for your arrival than your brothers. Will I be a good girl mom to you? How will I teach you to have confidence in your self, your body, and who you are as a girl/woman? Being a boy mom just felt more natural. How will I respond to your more sensitive needs but build you up as a strong little lady? 

I know one hundred percent that the Lord has had this plan all along. You in our family, me as your mom. I know things will fall into place and that I will look back and say I can't imagine not having a daughter! With lots of prayer and practice I know I'll fall into this new role of girl mom. What I also know, is that I love you so so very much. So much I cry some nights just yearning to kiss your cheeks with my heart just welling up with thankfulness that you are coming. You are the daughter I never knew I wanted but will be exactly what I and this family needed. I know you are so loved and cherished already and we all can't wait to meet you. Lewis especially, as we have to say good morning and good night every day to baby sister. Man does he love you already too. 

Edith darling, I love you to the moon and back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment