Saturday, October 14, 2017

Our Daughter's Name & Her Due Date


October 14th 2017

I had been scouring the internet, books, friends, social media - you name it - trying to come up with a list of baby girl and baby boy names that I thought sounded perfect paired with Lewis. Once we learned our little peach was a girl I was able to narrow it down to just little girl names. However, I had the hardest time! You would think having two pregnancies now I would have had a list of top favorites. I did have my list and I added to it some names to suggest to Cory, however, going through them none of them really stood out to me. I suggested a ton of little girl names including Hazel, Winnie, Elizabeth, Nell, Jane, June.. but none of them really sung to me nor Cory. At least not for this little babe. 

I had suggested names, re-sugessted names, but none really stood out. I had suggested a name when Lewis was in my tummy but didn't quite know if I really liked it enough. A few days before our gender reveal party I brought the name up. Edith . Cory said "I've always loved that name". My response was "so..is that her name?". And we both smiled and just shook our heads yes. 



The name is Cory's maternal great-grandmothers name and we think it's going to fit our little lady so well. After deciding on the name I looked up the meaning and found a fun coinscendence between her and Lewis' name. 

Edith: English/German meaning riches or blessed; also war. 
Lewis: German meaning fame or war; renowned warrior.  

We weren't going for a war theme haha but it's kind of cool they both have similar meanings. 

Our little Edie girl (pronounced ee-dee) also has a fun due date. At least fun for us right now. For her in the years to come not so much! She is due December 26th! The anticipation to Christmas is already so high naturally and this just makes it the biggest gift ever! 72 days until Christmas which means around 72 days to meet our little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment