Friday, December 21, 2012

3 Christmases


In nursing school they warned us (more like imprinted in our heads) that as new grads we'd be forced to work all holidays as well as nights. By only the blessings of our Lord I do not work nights. Never have and never will. To add to that, I did not have to work Thanksgiving nor do I work New Years Day. It seems as though our professors either wanted to scare us, or they wanted us to imagine the worst outcome possible so that when we do get holidays off we would treasure them more (hmm..I'm going with number 2)

However, duty does call this Christmas season. I work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after Christmas. Oh well though. Fortunately, this work schedule now makes divvying up the holidays with our families a whole lot easier. We'll have a full day devoted to my family, a full day devoted to his, and a full day for ourselves. I think it could not have worked out more wonderfully. 

And what better way (besides spending time with your loved ones) to spend Christmas then to help others who can't be home feel a bit better. 

No matter how you're spending Christmas this year, treasure each moment and the people you are with. 

Merry Christmas!



Isn't this hat so fun? It was my grandmothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment