Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last Weekend: Manzanita, Or.

Last weekend we went to Manzanita Oregon. Its a teeny little coastal town in between Cannon Beach and Rockaway Beach. We stayed in a rental house with my in-laws. It was the first time I've vacationed with all of them and I think it was a success. 


We played on the beach, went out for coffee every morning, hung around in the hot-tub, and played lots of board games. The perfect vacation in my mind. 



One thing I love about this location along the Oregon Coast, is the proximity to some great sites. You have Oswald West State Park known for its great beach and excellent surfing (yes I did say surfing in Oregon), you have Ecola State Park , the ever famous Haystack Rock (below 2 photos) , and some great camping sites.





This picture below is so goofy - we look like total beach nerds ! :)


Like father like son


Probably the largest burger I've every consumed. I'd recommend this restaurant: Big Wave Cafe.



It was a great little time away with family. 

Hope your weekend was nice! I'm loving this sun we're having right now! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about the dog festival in Manzanita to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete