Sunday, June 9, 2013

Out with the old. In with the new. (sort of)

My husband has a love for everything old. If it's antique, he's in. There is something about the looks of things that were made back in the day that just seem to draw us in.
When I first started dating Cory he drove a 1974 Mini Cooper. It was deep blue in color and caught the attention of many as we drove down the streets of Portland. It was a fun car. And sort of just that.





Upon getting married his thinking shifted towards wanting a more practical vehicle. (Oh how I love that man - no doing on my part, it was all his own thinking). This made me happy. I'm more of a "keep it practical and keep it safe" kind of girl. But of course my husband wasn't going to get any old car or truck. His heart was set on an old pick-up truck. And that I was even more excited about. (My man loves to keep things interesting)
He made sure not to buy a truck until we had sold the mini. After 2 months of having it up for sale, the mini sold on Friday. It was a bittersweet moment. I was sad to see it go. It represented the summer I fell I love. However, it was time for it to go so we could move on to the next adventure.
On Saturday the beaut below came up for sale. After I got off work we drove together to take a look at it. After an inspection by the hubs, it was ours.




I'm looking forward to this summer with this truck. We will have new adventures and memories to make in it.
Anyone say drive-thru movie?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment