Sunday, June 9, 2013

Relational Drought


This week my sister sent me an exerpt from this devotional. Man did this hit me hard. My relationship with the Lord is something that I treasure. I know it is He who has blessed me immensley with my life and everything good that has come from it.
So why don't I give Him enough of my time? When it comes to the time I give Him, one-to-one, diving into His word, getting to know Him, how He wants me to be,  I stink. Like big time.

 In other words, I don't give Him nearly the time He deserves.
To some up the devotional:
* Relationships worth keeping require committment & communication
* Imagine your relationship as a flower in a pot -> it needs to be watered
* That which is not watered, loved, given attention to, will wither
I think the metaphor is a great one. Just like we take the time to water our gardens, or our little house plants, we need to spend the time "watering" our relationship with our maker. All He wants from us is our attention and our praise. It is He who has given me way more than I deserve. He has helped me through hard times and provided for me when I least expected it. The field of flowers above need time, attention, love, and devotion, to bloom and become the flowers they were made to be. 

I feel sad to think that I don't give Him enough of my one-on-one time. 

After all, He was my first love and I need to continue to develop my relationship with Him.

What areas of your life are a little "drought-like"? What has caused this drought and how can we each get past it? Remember, He loves you, and craves your attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment