Monday, March 7, 2016

Consequence of a Sunny Day

3-7-16


There is baseball field near our house that I've been eyeing for a while. I can see it peaking through the trees on our drive to the store all the time. The girls have been so good lately. I came down with a cold this weekend and with being at work a lot last week, let's say I can't remember the last time we actually went for a walk. Today I decided to pack the girls up and try out this little baseball field. 



Little did I know how BIG this field really was! Like massive as you can see from the first two photos. It was amazing to just walk to the end of the park, sit down and let the girl run wild. A benefit that no one was there either. They definitely were able to get their ya-yas out and work out a bit. And myself, well being 8 1/2 months pregnant, it was amazing to just sit there and watch.

One down side from this park was the mud. Oh the mud. I should have known, living in Oregon, how deceiving an open field could be. Once they hit one puddle there was no sense in stopping it. We all got pretty muddy. I could ring out my socks once we were ready to head home. It was baths for all when we got back to the house. 



Lessons learned

1. Try out new parks when you find them because they could be amazing. 

2. Add dog baths to the list of things NOT to do when 8.5 months pregnant. 

3. Getting dirty and then baths are a great way to tire these dogs off. Hopefully it works for Lewis too! 

Thankful for sunny days, new parks, and some sleeping pups.

xo / leah

No comments:

Post a Comment