Saturday, March 19, 2016

The end of an era

3-19-16



It's a little hard to believe that in a month or so this life we have now will be so incredibly different. I have my ideas of what life will be like with our little Lewis added to the mix. But I know things will come as a surprise. 

The other day, I spent my day off cleaning the house and writing some letters. When I write I usually do it while on the couch using a random book from the bookshelf as a table. This time I happened to grab our wedding album. 

Of course I had to look through it. While looking through I just started crying. Happy tears of course. So much is already so different from that day! We've done a lot in these last 3 1/2 years of marriage. So much I'm proud of and so much I love looking back on. It got me both a little anxious and a lot excited thinking that we'll never just be the two of us again. 

I'd never trade this next journey for anything. We are ready and so excited to have our lives change. However, we are trying our best to take time for the two of us to intentionally be together, while also being purposeful with our time alone. 

The end of an era is upon us and the feelings I'm having during this time are pretty unreal. Excited and hopeful, nervous and anxious, ready to be done being pregnant but sad to not be pregnant anymore. It's crazy how one can have so many different feelings all about the same event. 

Here's to making the most of this time of just the two of us!

/ leah

No comments:

Post a Comment