Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Favorite Body

3-6-16


"A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside … when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone." Author Unknown


I love how when you are pregnant there is no forgetting that you are pregnant. The moment you may forget, something reminds you there is life stirring inside. Either with a kick, that nasty nausea, or the fact you can't get out of bed without log rolling. 

I've always known I'd love being pregnant. And I think that mentality has really helped this pregnancy be an easy one. Yes I got the nausea all throughout the first trimester. My feet are sore, I can't sleep, and I'm running out of clothes to wear. But I love it. I love waking up to those kicks and envisioning kissing those little toes. I love looking at my growing belly knowing that the more I grow the more he grows. I say about a hundred prayers of thanks a day for this baby and the gift I've gotten to help create him. 

Finding the joy and being thankful for it really makes a big difference. I think that's why I'm so comfortable with this new body of mine. More than comfortable; I'm in love with it. There is no reason not to love the changes that are happening to my body. My body is swelling. For a reason. It is growing another human! He needs room and my body is making him more. 

The stretch marks will come. My stomach won't ever be the same.  But I don't want it to be. I'll be reminded of this time, this time of growing our Lewis. I'll be reminded of the struggles we went through in waiting for him to arrive. And the hopeful anticipation of his birth day. 




This is my favorite body. 

xo / leah

All photos by the ever so talented Nakalan Mckay Photography

Photos taken at 32 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment