Friday, April 12, 2013

Vacation: Redmond & The Painted Hills

Wow, this week was such a blessing. Cory and I had an amazing time (once again) in Central Oregon. This time we stayed the whole week at my parents time share at Eagle Crest Resort in Redmond Oregon. The resort is nestled right outside Redmond, in between Sisters and Bend (the perfect location I'd say)

The drive up was really nice. We didn't expect to see a lot of snow over the pass, but Hood still had some. Always a pretty surprise. 




Mt. Hood National Forest is so beautiful. And even though I've driven through it nearly 100 times, it is always just as breathtaking. 


We spent the first day with my parents, my brother and a few of his friends. One thing I really like about staying there is even though the house may be packed, you feel like you have a ton of space because just outside there is so much open land. We went on a nice hike and enjoyed a night of games and movies. 



My parents and I:



Allie a.k.a "Cheeky":

After my family left we had a couple of days of sunny weather. Yes it was cold (wake up to 21 degrees, highs of maybe 60), but when you have a hot-tub to lounge in, it makes it feel real warm.  We had a ton of fires at night and went on lots of walks. There is something about the Central Oregon Air that is so refreshing and calming. 




After a few relaxing days we headed to see the Painted Hills
Side story: We always choose to take the back roads. Who doesn't think the windier road is more fun? Looking at our maps, the mapquest only said an extra 30 mins. Great! Won't even cut into our day that much. Well...try 2 hours. Yup. The mapquest didn't show that it was a gravel road. Also, losing service it didn't show exactly where we were. The road didn't even have road signs. So we ended up getting lost twice, had to move rocks and fallen tree branches out of the way, and go off our guts of where we were headed. All in all though, it was fun, and some of the views we had made it totally worth it. 

The WAY back way:











And we even got to meet Donkey:


Our vacation was filled with lots of relaxation, site-seeing, doing things we enjoy and seeing new things. These types of trips always make me appreciate my husband and the relationship we have. I love how he shares with me the love of trips, spending quality time together, and just enjoying what this world has to offer. It also makes me super excited to take our future kids on road trips and show them the beauty of nature.

Cannot wait for our next trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment