Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fried Rice

This week someone at work had brought in some left-over fried rice. I have a big appetite on my work days and everything that people eat (even the hospital food) looks yummy. So when I saw those left-overs I immediately texted Cory and asked if he could whip some up for dinner.

When I came home the whole house smelt like Chinatown. I was so happy and excited for the little pleasure of fried rice. 

When my husband cooks a new dish, he always follows a recipe. For this first-time fried rice he used the America's Test Kitchen recipe for Indonesian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)

It was AMAZING! It was so good, we ate it all! He ended up  making another batch the next day because of how delicious it was. The whole day I was expecting a simple, basic, few ingredient type of rice. But no, I got heavens version (seriously it was good)


One tip would be to make the rice the day before so as to make it a little quicker. We used brown rice and I think it added more flavor. From now on I know whenever we get take out I'll be having him make the side of fried rice. 

Don't forget your chopsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment