Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Home Decor

With the possibility of owning our first home, my mind has been going this way and that with possible decor ideas. Pinterest has become a good help. Keeping my thoughts all in one place. The idea of new home decor is exciting a little daunting. A blank canvas. So much one can do with a whole home. 

Here are some things I am loving right now as inspiration for our new home. 

Living Room

Cory's parents gave us a piano that we are storing at my parents place. I can't wait to showcase some of our wedding photos on top of it along with some simple nicknacks like these:

Photo via Pinterest

We've decided that we are going to paint the walls gray (a little lighter than these). Saving up for a leather sectional already: 

Photo via Full House

I love how a display table is behind the couch. And that coffee table...Cory may have to make me it:

Photo via Pinterest

Kitchen

These bar stools would fit perfectly with the decor we are going for. And IKEA actually has them on sale right now: 

These are from World Market

New dish-ware may be in order too: 

Sugar bowl by the Still House

Bedroom

I would love this huge mirror above the dresser we already have:

Leather mirror by BBDW

We currently don't have bedside tables. 
When we do get a home, these will be early on purchases.
 I like how simple these look, and they display your books and little treasures so nicely:

Photo Via My Paradissi

Bathroom

A little toilet decor:

Photo via Design Sponge

It's been fun to start dreaming of how we could decorate this new home (fingers crossed we still get the one we've been pushing for). I can't wait to start making these dreams a reality. It'll be a challenging, fun adventure creating the home of our dreams. 









No comments:

Post a Comment