Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tips for Spring Cleaning

Photo via Tumblr 

Clean. Organized. Fresh.

Everything we want to see (and smell) after a long bout of Spring Cleaning. Some dread this time of year. No one wants to see the grossness that built up behind the fridge. And others of us embrace this time. 

I tend to be a lover and a hater. Part of the Spring Cleaning involves re-organizing. Which, at times, involves out with the old and in with the new. Whichever category you fall into here are a few of my tips to make Spring Cleaning a little smoother (and more fun)

1. Gather your supplies
In order to do this right we need our arsenal of equipment/products. Gather everything you might need (from ceiling to floor) before you begin. That helps to save time from running to bathroom (or kitchen,wherever you keep your supplies) to room because you need one more thing. 

2. Proper attire
I make sure I wear something that is comfortable. Squatting, bending, moving .. all things that will be involved in the cleaning process. I also make sure I am wearing items that can go straight into the laundry. 

3. Be Organized
Depending on how big your home is, you may tweek this tip. Since my apartment is small I like to do a task at a time. I.E. dust everything first in every room. Then move to cleaning countertops/tables...etc. If  your home is too big and you need to start with one room at a time, go for it. This brings me to number 4.

4. Be realistic
I have a small place with no kids yet. This means I should (and plan) on cleaning the whole apartment in one day. If your a mom..with three little ones...balancing cleaning with ballet practice...a few rooms a time is a realistic time frame. 

5. Play music
Grab your iPod if you are doing this around nap time, or blare your speakers (I prefer my Ellie Goulding station on Pandora). Having music makes you not go so crazy. It adds a little fun to the process. 

Embrace this time of year and the work that surrounds it. Look forward to the end result and how accomplished you will feel! 



No comments:

Post a Comment