Friday, March 1, 2013

Being Confident Alone


I have a lot of alone time, and I usually don't think much of it. Until this past week. I had my 11 day stay-cation (still have 4 days left of it, yay) and I actually tried doing things by myself. Of course I do a lot of things alone: grocery shopping, clothes shopping, getting gas. But nothing that usually screams "you should have a friend or a date along for this outing".

This week I tried to embrace my confidence in doing things by myself. I went out to lunch and actually sat and ate alone, grabbed a coffee alone, and went to the movies alone (gasp! never thought I'd do that one)

And I actually enjoyed the company of me. Life can truly be enjoyed with just me, myself, and I. This week has proven to me a lot of things about myself. And I like it. 

However, nothing it truly greater than spending quality time with your best friend over a cup of tea, or trying a new restaurant with your love. Although I would much rather enjoy doing things with others, I now know I can be confident when alone.

What are things you enjoy doing alone? Do you have to talk yourself into doing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment