Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY Mason Jar Candles

From our wedding we had a ton of extra mason jars. I've been using them as vases and glasses, but thought I should make some candles out of them. I found this diy tutorial and thought it was too simple to not give it a try. 

After about an hour. I had these: 



*To make it a little simpler I just used a non-stick saucepan to melt the wax. Didn't need to make a double broiler. And the scissors were the only way to keep to wick up straight. 

I was so excited that it didn't take so long. And they turned out so pretty! You can't see it but I added some Rosemary leaves to the candles. I bought plain wax so I was hoping the Rosemary would add some scent to it - and it does. Yay! (I may be too excited about these) We use a lot (a lot) of candles in our home. I'm excited to be able to make our own. 

Happy DIY!


No comments:

Post a Comment