Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lessons in Marriage #4: The Motivation


As I was reading my Bible this morning out of Philippians several verses struck me hard. Words suck out at me - same love, united, in humility, be moved... Philippians 2: 2-5 These verses made me think about marriage, my marriage with Cory, and what motivates me to love him.

Sometimes it is hard to show the fruits of the spirit to your spouse. (Patience and self-control right now? Ya right Lord). I know it's happened to the best of us wives. In Philippians 2 Paul wrote a great little motivator on love.

"..Complete my joy and be of the same mind, by having the same love, being united in spirit, and having one purpose.
 Instead of being motivated by selfish ambition or vanity, be moved to treat one another as more important than yourself. 
Each of you should be concerned not only about your own interests, but about the interests of others as well.
You should have the same attitude toward one another that Christ Jesus had.."

How exciting it is to think that when we married our spouses we took a commitment, having the same purpose, that united our spirits. Loving our spouses can be hard at times, but think about the motivator that keeps you loving him. 

1 comment:

  1. "Fellow-heirs of the grace of life", 1 Peter 3: 7. That's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete