Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend In Review

This weekend was the start to my 11- day stay-cation. And I am so EXCITED. 11 days to do nothing, but to really do whatever I want.  We started the weekend with a lunch date with Cory's Grandma. Despite the picture she was having a great time. We really enjoyed her company. 


Sunday morning we tried getting up early to go to church, but ended up falling asleep after we got ready. We spent Saturday evening playing games and eating a pot-luck with 3 of our good couple-friends. We didn't get home till 1130!  After we woke up (for the second time) we had a scrabble/coffee date at our local cafe, Jola Cafe. It was so perfect. 
(Cory's an intense scrabble player).

He had an iced mocha with a mint-brownie. I enjoyed a soy chai latte with a breakfast sandwich. 


After our date I headed to the Highland Stillhouse Pub for a lunch date with my good friend Sierra. (I'll need to talk more about her because she is amazing. Let's say she made my wedding dress. Yup). Our other great friend is a server there so it was a really great time. I've never been to this pub, but I really enjoyed it. A nice atmosphere with some awesome decor. Good food too! Didn't have Cory to drive me home so I couldn't try the whiskey or scotch. We'll be back though!


Sunday night we were going to see Identity Thief, but they were sold out. I was mostly bummed out because I wanted popcorn. (Ya 90% of the reason I like going out for the movies is popcorn) We stopped at the store on the way home and picked up a bottle of moscato and some Samoas girlscout cookies! We bought 4 boxes. 


When we got home Cory rummaged in our basement and pulled out an old-school popcorn maker. It worked so well, and I ended up getting my popcorn that night! We watched Brave and had a really great night. 


How was your weekend? Any plans that had to be altered that worked out better?


No comments:

Post a Comment