Saturday, January 26, 2013

Be Present



Today I was blessed to wash one of my patient's feet. This is actually something I do quite often, however, today's simple task turned into an uplifting experience. Unfortunately my patient's room was lacking hot water. My patient decided that just washing the feet would suphise
for a bath today. (Note: sorry if I use the term "my patient" a lot, I don't like disclosing anything that could show their identity).

Anyways, I didn't want to strain their back so I offered to wash their feet myself. As my patient sat at the side of the bed and I put their feet in the two basins of hot water, it seemed as though the day had finally slowed where I could breathe and take everything in.

Not only was my patient able to get a bit cleaner, but I was able to get to know my patient a little better. We chatted
as I washed away.

Sometimes it's the very simple, humbling tasks that makes me fully appreciate the job I am blessed and entrusted to work.

I hope this week/weekend you are able to truly be still and take in the experiences you are living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment