Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year In Review

2012 was by far the best year I have had to date. There were so many new experiences, adventures, and highlights for me. Here is a little wrap up of 2012: 

February 11, 2012: I know this pic is from December, however, I started working at my hospital job back in February. I received a job as an SNT (student nurse technician) that allowed me to have the responsibilities as a CNA (certified nurse assistant) while at the same time allowed me to perform any clinical nursing skills that needed to be done that day. It was a job that I will forever be grateful for. Not only did it help prepare me for the world of actual nursing, but it led in to the job that I work right now. 


April 22, 2012: The day Cory asked me to marry him. It was an unusually warm day for April in Oregon (mid 80's). He picked me up from work and we headed downtown for an already planned date to the ballet. As we were walking around he quickly turned and gave me a huge hug (his heart was racing through his chest and I knew something was up). He then got down on one knee. My first reaction was "Oh no!" - horrible reaction I know, but hear me out. I think I said that because for years (of course as a girl) you dream about the day you are proposed to. I quickly remember my inside-conversation: "oh my gosh, here it is, are you ready, are you feeling beautiful, where are we, is this so perfect?". And all those questions led to a roof-top shout of YES! His proposal was perfect, as was the rest of the evening. 


May 6, 2012: I graduated from Nursing school. One, huge, accomplishment. I was so proud of myself and my sister. We did it. 


June 18, 2012: I moved out (officially) of my parents house into the apartment where Cory and I would be living together after we were married. The apartment and neighborhood is just perfect for us. 


September 1, 2012: I married the love of my life, my best friend on a glorious sunny day! Then headed to Kauai for the Honeymoon of our dreams.



December 21-23, 2012: We had our first Christmas celebrations as husband and wife. We loved getting a tree, buying our ornaments and chotchky decorations (ok maybe the latter was just me), and making our place warm and ready for the holidays. 


2012 was an amazing year. God truly blessed us to the limits of blessings (at least I sure felt like that)! We are both really excited for what 2013 has in store for us. As long as we rely on the Lord's strength and guidance, I know this year will be just as great. 







No comments:

Post a Comment