Saturday, January 12, 2013

Recipe: Beef Drip

Last night Cory and I went over to our sister and brother-in-laws house for dinner. They hadn't been feeling too great this week so I offered to cook. While thumbing through my pinned recipes I was trying to find one that would suit this night. Feel good food, easy to carry from point A to point B (without loosing it's flavor/crunchiness/everything that is a dish when you serve it from stove to plate), and that would be easy to clean up afterwards. When I saw this recipe I knew it was the one. 


Beef Drip via Pioneer Woman

This particular recipe has 2 ways of cooking it. I forgot to read it all the way through before starting (as usual) so I ended up mixing both recipes. What I ended up doing was pan cooking the beef on both sides for about 4 minutes. Then I added all the ingredients to my cast iron pot and stuck it in the oven for 4 1/2 hours. Mine was a 3 lbs'er so it worked out really well. I also added in all the ingredients from both recipes. Once the beef was done, I shredded it and transferred everything to a crock pot. Easy-peasy.

Final result = every last morsel was consumed. This recipe was delicious. 

Happy Cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment