Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend in Review

This weekend was a really great one. I actually had a five-day weekend and I was so happy I did. We kept busy on Saturday and Sunday so it was nice to have a few days before and after the actual weekend to relax. 

Notice all the candles? Friday we got our December electricity bill and noticed two things: We had a freezing December and paid a lot for it. Our goal this month is to use candles and a plug in heater (Cory usually uses this one for his beer closet) to keep us warm. The heat in our apartment just doesn't work..as does many other things (I'll post later on that)

Friday night was nice. We went to my brother and sister-in laws house for dinner. I made the Beef Drip sandwiches in the post prior. 

Saturday was our little niece's First Birthday and we celebrated with family at a little brunch. It was an adorable 1st birthday brunch. You can see the photos here.  After brunch we relaxed for a bit and then headed over to H50 Bistro & Bar for dinner. I scored an awesome 60% off dinner Groupon, so we truly wined & dined for a great price. 


Sunday was spent at church, then to brunch with my family, and then off for some little apartment-therapy. Pausing for  moment I want to show you my outfit-of-the-day: Beanie, Flannel, and hair down.  This may not sound like a big deal but I never wear my hair down, and I never thought I'd wear a beanie with flannel. Don't know what confidence has gotten into me!


Later on we spent the night as nerds eating cupcakes and watching Lord of the Rings: 2. It was a great night. Man do I love getting silly with this guy: 


Hope your weekend was swell!



No comments:

Post a Comment